My kids love gummies (who doesn’t, right?). So I wanted to find something healthy to give them. Super healthy, preferably!
Some searching led me to many available options, and this one endep up as my favourite one. Aka, the favourite in the house as well! 🙂
Elderberry Syrup is well known as an immune system booster, so this is a good trick to have your kiddos taking it.
Super Healty Gummies
1 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed Orange Juice
4 tbsp unflavoured Gelatin (preferrably grass-fed gelatin)
1/4 cup Elderberry Syrup
2 tbsp raw Honey
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Vitamine C powder
– Heat 1/2 cup of juice until bubbling;
– Pour the heated liquid into a glass and mix in the gelatin;
– Add the raw honey, remaining juice, Elderberry syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined;
– If you’re using the vitamin C (or any other vitamins), make sure you’ll only add it at this moment, as the liquid shouldn’t be too hot;
– Pour into silicone molds;
– Put molds in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours (or leave it overnight);
– Remove gelatin from molds. Keep it in the refrigerator.
– Just in case, I always spray a little coconut oil into the molds, so it will be easier to remove the gelatin;
– If you don’t have cute silicone molds, you can simply use a square tupperware. Then, remove the gelatine into a cutting board and cut it into squares.
– The gummies should be kept in the refrigerator. As a ‘good-sense rule’, I would say to keep it up to 3 weeks (but I’m sure they will be gone before that!)
– I haven’t try these gummies with agar-agar, but with an adapted quantity it should work as well.