Looking for a yummy homemade jam with super healthy nutrients? Well, accordingly to some research, this one is fully packed with it:
– Strawberries are rank amongst the top fruits and vegetables in antioxidant capacity, including vitamin C;
– Chia seeds are considered a “super food”. Why? The nutritional benefits of chia include fiber, omega fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants and much more – even protein!
– Elderberries are known as an immune system booster and includes vitamins A and B and a large amount of vitamin C.
Strawberry Chia Jam
5 grapes (natural pectine)
2 tbsp Elderberry Syrup
2 tbsp Raw Honey
1 tbsp Chia seeds
– In a small pan, add the strawberries (washed and cut into halves) and the grapes (peeled and deseeded)
– Add enough water just to cover half of the strawberries
– Let it simmer for 5 minutes
– Pour it into a food processor and mix until smooth
– Place it in the pan again and add the rest of the ingredients
– In medium/low heat, let it simmer for another 5 minutes (stir occasionally)
– Pour in a mason jar (uncovered) and let it cool completely
– Cover the majon jar and keep it in the fridge for up to 1 week
– This recipe will make about 250ml of Jam
– You can also add 1 tsp of grass-fed gelatine to increase even more the protein intake from this jam (in this case, you can skip the grapes)
– This jam is great to add flavour to a natural greek yogurt! Soooo delicious!
Ocasional nutritional values of the recipes provided in this blog, as well as information on health benefits is a result of a continuous research and sharing of ideas with other peer bloggers and parents (and the precious granma’s recipes). As such, if you are in search of precise health information, you should always seek advice from your doctor.