Hi there! One of my favourite kids-friendly recipe is Vanilla Cupcakes: they are simple to cook, a healthy treat (if you don’t add too much sweetness on it!) and yummy – one of those granma’s recipes! 🙂
As my original recipe contains wheat flour, I’ve been trying to refine it and substitute for more healthy substitutes. After some trial and error, I’m glad to present you my brand-new Gluten-Free and Kids-Friendly Vanilla Cupcakes!
Kids-Friendly Vanilla Cupcake (Gluten-Free)
1 cup GF Flour Mix (see recipe here)
2/3 cup sucanat or raw cane sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
200ml almond milk (or cow milk, if you’re not dairy free)
Zest of half a lemon
– In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients
– In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients
– Pour the wet mixture in to the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir gently (just enough to combine all ingredients)
– Place the dough in a cupcake loaf, pre-lined.
– Leave it the oven at 180 degrees celcius, for about 30 min.
Note: If your kids are less than 2yo, I would reduce the sucanat to 1/3 cup or substitute it entirely for 1/2 ripe banana (mashed).